Thursday, August 18, 2011

Move in day!!

Well, we did it. We drove the van full of Morgan's stuff, while he drove his car full of his siblings to Lindenwood and moved him in. It was a day full of high emotions, although I did my best to hide them. (I wonder if Morgan noticed them or not? I don't know...)

I am so proud of him, of the young man he has become, of the choices he is making lately!

God showed Himself to me in so many ways today! For example,
*Not only is his roommate, which is his best friend, a Christian, so are most of the guys in the rooms immediate to his.
*When we saw Dr. Mueller (Morgan's advisor) during the coffee clutch. After telling me how wonderful Morgan did as a dual enrolled student last year, she told me how wonderful he is. Then she told me when I'm having a Mom moment, I'm more than welcome to call her. This blew me away! I was expecting the whole mentality of they are adults, you need to deal, and LU has not given us that at all!
*Because we are down to one car, we rode back to Warrenton with a dear friend. The entire forty-five minute drive back, Tina and I were able to relate to each other what we were feeling.
*Just seeing Morgan in that environment, I saw completely that he is absolutely in the best place right now, he is in the center of God's will!

It was fun to help him unpack, to meet the guys around him (some of which we already knew!), to eat dinner with him this evening, and walk around the campus. It was such a tremendous blessing to see how at ease he is there. I do believe my favorite part of the day was when Jeff, Morgan, and I were standing in a circle praying together right before we left. There was just something so sweet about it.

A good friend posted on my facebook wall this message : ‎"A Mother's job is to teach her children to not need her anymore. The hardest part of that job is accepting success!" (stolen from a friend's status this morning. i honestly think God had her post this so it could be passed on to you.) and just letting you know that i'm praising God for your success - morgan is an awesome young man.

This sums it up so clearly! Do I think he is done needing me? No, I'm 40, married, have one grown son, and still have four more kids at home, and I still need my Mom. Do I think my role in his life has changed? Absolutely! Tonight after we got home I opened his door to shut the light off, and saw the pillow he left. I held it, smelled it, sat down on his floor and cried. I'm going to miss him, we all will. I have a feeling we'll all spend a good amount of time in that room. But I wouldn't want him in any other place. He's exactly where he needs to be because he is where God wants him!

Tomorrow we start the new school year. With four kids. That will be different. And we will make it awesome! Please pray for Morgan at school,and pray for our family as we adjust to a new normal. I'll post Move in day pictures tomorrow, as it is after 1am, and I do need to get up in about six hours. :)

No comments: