Monday, June 27, 2011

Counting down the days

We are counting down the days until Morgan goes to Lindenwood. He moves in August 17. Do you realize that is only 52 days? That's less than two months. That's too soon! We are making more of an effort this summer to have "family" days because of it. Saturday was great! We stayed home and played some games, then headed up town for the "Catch the Glow". We have lived in Truesdale for five years in September and never attended the "Catch the Glow" because until this year we didn't know what it was. Finally, this year we get an ad in the mailbox on Saturday that it's a street fair. It was so fun! We walked around, played chess at The Village Bookstore, bounced in the bounce houses (there were 7!), ate snow cones, entered a few drawings (and won a lunchbox and t-shirt!), and looked at all the snazzy cars up there. There were some really nice vehicles up there!
Saturday night Morgan and I stayed up until 4am talking. I think that's what I'm going to miss the most when he is gone. The unexpected conversations in the middle of the night when every one else is in bed, and he comes out to the living room and says "What'cha doin?" That's my clue he's in the mood to talk. I have learned when my kids want to talk, it's time to talk. Sometimes it's for a half an hour, other times (like Saturday) it's for four hours. I am so thankful for the relationships I have with each one of my kiddos, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!
This Friday all of us are heading to the zoo for a family day. I am so excited! The St. Louis Zoo has a new baby elephant! I'm hoping to post pics this weekend! Have a great weekend, and I hope to see you at the Flags sometime! :)

No comments: