Monday, September 29, 2008

Wow, it's been awhile!

Ok, so I didn't realize it had been that long since I posted. In my defense, our computer was down last week, so I couldn't do it. (How did people ever homeschool before computers?????)

We have had a fabulous school year this year! God sure is great in giving us so much more than we could ever ask for!

M's biology lab decided to grow bacteria. Unfortunately, one of the things he swabbed was a drinking fountain. I am never drinking from one of those again! That was disgusting! His "clean" fingerprint was even more disgusting than his dirty one. (I always knew boys didn't do a good enough job washing their hands, now I have proof!) Surprisingly enough, the sample taken from the cheek wasn't bad at all, and the nose of his glasses was cleaner than his cell phone. Go figure!

This weekend was awesome! We went up north to see Gramma and Grampa, and Aunt C's family. While we were there, we got to go to the Old Settler's celebration in Kahoka and a football game my nephew played in. We had a blast watching Aunt C's kids in the parade. (I have to say I NEVER thought I would see my nephew in a skirt, albeit a grass skirt, but a skirt nonetheless.) My niece A.R., marched in her first parade with the middle school band, and she did a great job! Mr. Dooley, she has the look straight ahead, and don't smile thing down pat. The band was stopped right in front of us for us about four minutes, at least, and she never one time looked our way, nor did she smile, AT ALL! I was thrilled to be able to watch them.

After Old Settler's we went to Steve's and ate dinner. During dinner, Aunt C and Gramma and Grampa gave J his birthday presents. What fun we had when Aunt C made his birthday card out of a napkin! He now has an original birthday card, made just for him.

Then on to the football game. The Clark County Jr. Indians played against the Knox County Eagles, and whooped up! I believe the final score was 28 - 14. We had so much fun watching the game, and B, C, and V really enjoyed every touchdown! Whenever the Jr. Indians score a touchdown, the cheerleaders throw spirit sticks full of candy into the crowd. B caught one, which he was just ecstatic about. (He obviously thought he didn't catch enough candy at the parade!) I am so glad Aa's team won, even though he will have to do "bear crawls" because they were scored against. Even the name of it sounds painful! I wonder if the fifth graders will have to do them as well? The fifth grade played after the sixth grade, and they won without being scored against.

Sunday afternoon was A.R.'s 13th birthday party. I cannot believe she is a teenager already! Grampa made his famous bbq pork, which was divine! Aunt C made everything else, and it was all good.

We had an amazing weekend, I just wish I had pictures to share! One of these days I will get another digital camera....

No comments: