Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week 3: The first Real week

This is the second day of our third week of school, and the first regular week. All the kids classes started this week in full swing, except co-op which starts next week. I am going to have to reconfigure some of our scheduling, but so far I think it will work just fine.

M is not going to start Marine Biology yet, because the class he is taking at the Learning Center is much more involved than I thought it would be. He is going to be doing a lot of work for that class, not just the labs. We are considering starting him in Marine Bio in the spring semester, and see how that will work out.

V started band yesterday and thinks Mrs. B is about the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now mind you, I have been teaching her flute for two years, and she is talking like all the stuff Mrs. B is teaching her is new! Hurts my pride a bit, but I am glad she likes the band director this week. I know Mrs. B is very demanding, and moves very quickly, so V may end up getting frustrated later, but for now she's great!

C is an alto. Mrs. H placed the newbies on parts yesterday in choir, and C is an alto. I'm excited he will get to learn to really sing a part, not just what he "hears" as a part.

Today I praise the Lord for my husband. He is now a realtor, and having the training and meetings for that. I'm so proud of how he is handling himself in this new position. We are praying the Lord will bless, and DH will not overdo himself!

No comments: